The last thing you’d want during the monsoons is having your makeup smudged. Everyone would prefer looking fresh and tidy even on a day when its pouring cats and dogs.
You need not sacrifice your make-up all together, but by wearing the right type in appropriate propotions will do the magic. You can follow the tips below to look your best even during the toughest of days:
* The very important thing one needs to keep in mind during is rains is ‘Keep it Simple’. You can always team it with a few bright colours of lipstick or blush. But the simpler the make-up, the less chances of it getting smudged!
* As far as possible, try using oil based waterproof products. A waterproof eye liner and mascara lasts for quite some time. If possible try to avoid the use of mascara, since they become sticky during the season.
* Applying foundation during the rains is a no-no! Due to the humidity, you tend to get sweaty. And the last thing you’d want is foundation dripping off. For those with dry skin, concealer with a little amount of compact would just be fine. While those with oily skin can settle in for plain compact.
* The trick to look gorgeous during the rains is to use subtle eye-shadows so that you don’t look made up. Subtle colours like pink, beige, brown would look better compared to darker hues. Use powder based shadows to prevent them from melting off.
* When choosing your blush you could always go in for one of those bright shades. Use as little blush as possible and blend it well to make it look natural.
* Select the long lasting lipsticks. You can also apply a coat of lip balm before coating your lips with the lipstick. Shades like bright orange, coral red, purple, brown and pink are so in.